2020 Lillian's List Featured Candidates
Lillian’s List Featured Candidates are champions for reproductive freedom and equity for women. These women have been trained to run modern campaigns and are running in races where there is a path to victory. We hope you’ll support our 2020 Featured Candidates!
Meet our Featured Candidates running for NC State House!
REP. SYDNEY BATCH
Sydney is running for re-election to State House District 37 in Wake County.
Sydney’s Top Priorities:
1) Expand Medicaid
2) Invest in public education
3) Ensure reproductive rights are protected
Kimberly is running for House District 43 in Cumberland County.
Kim’s Top Priorities:
1) Expand Medicaid
2) Raise teacher pay
3) Eradicate chronic poverty issues
Frances is running for House District 45 in Cumberland County.
Frances’ Top Priorities:
1) Improve access to healthcare
2) Provide clean drinking water
3) Create jobs that move our state forward
Aimy is running for House District 82 in Cabarrus County.
Aimy’s Top Priorities:
1) Increase funding for public schools
2) Expand Medicaid
3) Fix the affordable housing crisis
Meet our Featured Candidates running for NC Council of State!
Yvonne is from Wake County and she is running for Lieutenant Governor.
Yvonne’s Top Priorities:
1) Attainable housing
2) Workforce development & living wages
3) Expanding reliable transportation
Jessica is running statewide to become the Commissioner of Labor.
Jessica’s Top Priorities:
1) Ensure safe & healthy workplaces
2) Expand worker’s rights
3) Increase the minimum wage
These Featured Candidates are running in seats considered safe in the General Election. These women are the progressive future of North Carolina!
REP. VERNETTA ALSTON
Vernetta is running unopposed for House District 29 in Durham County.
Vernetta’s Top Priorities:
1) Fight climate change
2) Equity & inclusion
3) Safe and adequate housing for all
SEN. NATALIE MURDOCK
Natalie is running for Senate District 20 in Durham County.
Natalie’s Top Priorities:
1) Equitable & affordable housing
2) Healthcare for all
3) Protecting our environment
DeAndrea is running for Senate District 39 in Mecklenburg County.
DeAndrea’s Top Priorities:
1) Affordable healthcare
2) Expand educational opportunities
3) Strengthen our infrastructure