Employment Announcement: Administrative Assistant
Since 1997, Lillian’s List has been at the forefront of changing the face of power in North Carolina, recruiting, training, and mentoring emerging progressive women leaders who support reproductive freedom and are interested in running for state or local office.
Position Overview: Lillian’s List Action Fund seeks a temporary, part-time Administrative Assistant (0.5 FTE) to provide administrative support as we enter a hectic campaign season. The Administrative Assistant will ensure efficient operations, with a focus on office management , fund development, and event logistics and support. The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic, motivated, self-starter with administrative experience ready to support a dynamic team of four full time employees.
Reports to: Executive Director
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform general office management tasks including maintaining/ordering office supplies; organizing, updating, and maintaining files and other materials in an accurate and orderly fashion, coordinating services for efficient operations of the office as necessary;
- Open mail and answer email correspondence for general requests for information;
- Process receipts, invoices, and expenses and maintain a schedule to ensure all expenses are paid in a timely manner;
- Perform financial reconciliation at the end of each month and provide relevant financial documentation to Lillian’s List bookkeeper for production of monthly Profit & Loss report;
- Track upcoming Board committees and meetings and ensure timely communication is sent to Board members;
- Assist with scheduling of meetings and with securing meeting space as requested;
- Keep all Board materials up to date and circulate or make available as requested by Board Committee Chairs or staff Committee liaison.
- Ensure all donors receive thank you notes within 10 business days;
- Support staff in processing and delivering donations to candidates made through Lillian’s List’s collective giving program;
- Assist appropriate staff members in production and distribution of any membership or donor mailings. This includes maintaining mailing supplies, email lists and regular mail lists, and other operational support needed to complete a mailing;
- Ensure all donations received are deposited weekly into the appropriate account according to Lillian’s List existing Finance Policies.
- Coordinate logistics for events at the direction of event staff point person, including candidate and volunteer training offerings and development events;
- Research appropriate venues and reserve event space as requested by event staff point person and approved by the Executive Director or Development Director;
- Coordinate event promotion with event staff point person, track responses, maintain clean list of RSVPs, prepare and send reminders to participants, and respond to questions as appropriate;
- Coordinate with staff and mail or print house to order invitations, programs, or other printed materials for events and trainings;
- Coordinate with event staff point person to produce nametags or other internally produced materials for events.
- Perform other related work incidental to the duties described herein or as assigned by the Executive Director or Development Director.
Ideal Experience and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the mission of Lillian’s List and the advancement of women leaders and reproductive freedom in North Carolina;
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience preferred. Relevant experience includes office and data management, administrative support, and events management. Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in administration in a nonprofit setting;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Confident communicator with demonstrated cross-cultural competency and the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with diverse membership;
- Professional and positive attitude;
- Creative self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills and a willingness to attend evening and weekend meetings/events if necessary;
- Willingness to travel in-state as required.
Hours & Location: This position is based out of our Raleigh, NC office. Flexible 18 -20 hour per week schedule.
Compensation: $15 – 18/hour
How to apply:
Applications should include a letter of interest, resume, and two professional references, including contact information for each. Interested parties should submit email applications with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line to:
Sarah Preston, Executive Director
Lillian’s List Action Fund
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled with an expected start date of January 8.
Lillian’s List is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We encourage applications from all interested persons, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ persons.